Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Tianjin...

I'm back here at school for almost two weeks. And it's still cold. Well, it's not VERY cold, but still..
Lately I'm busy following the Japan situation, namely regarding the nuclear radiation. People here are panic-buying salt. I just went to the local market to but some veggies and saw the empty shelf where the salt was sold before. I mean, eating salt can save you???
Reading all the news online, my family is worried too.
I just hope I don't have to leave soon.
I'm praying for the people affected by the quake. My heart goes to Japan.

2 comments:

Malyss said...

We are all turned to Japan those days. As far as I know, salt does not protect, it's "iode", which is not the same. And to take it while there's no danger is of no use, and can even be dangerous for health! I don't know what kind of info you have. But the last are that things seem going a little better; They could stop the smokes, they're trying to put a concrete cover above the place. The real danger is for the people around , because the soil was touched by radiations, and they can't eat vegetable , eggs and milk anymore..

Kaori said...

Hi Dani, thank you so much for your comments and keep us in your thoughts. I don't think salt does any good either. I'm not even sure iode helps. Here in Japan, we have been less panicked, probably because many of us are following the news closely. The nuclear plant is starting to stabilize as the electricity is starting to run, which will start the cooling system. Hope you will continue to keep us in your prayers. xx

Kaori